Wednesday 22 April 2020

Covid19 and Self-Esteem

Covid19 and Self-esteem How would you define 'self-esteem'? Self-esteem is defined as a person's overall sense of self-worth or personal value. In other words, how much you appreciate and like yourself. At a time like this, when we feel shaken not knowing much of what to expect, we may start holding negative and disempowering views and beliefs about ourselves, to a point where it stops us from enjoying our lives even amid chaos. When we critically, punishing, and constantly negatively evaluating our ability, this could lead to poor self-esteem. Some of the negative thoughts that we can easily have that damage our self-esteem are I am not good enough I am overweight/fat I am unlovable I am a failure I am inferior I am vulnerable I can't cope One of the ways to build on our low self-esteem are among others self-compassion, self-love, self-care, having a routine and stay connected. For further tips on how to build on your self-esteem, keep an eye on my future messages. The video below explains some tips on how to help build your self- esteem. I hope you find it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment